When the sun chimes...

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The one with the Singing Sensation

My parents had gone to Cambodia last weekend, some company trip. I stayed at home alone on Saturday coz I had no mood to go out. I watched tv while surfing the net in the living room using my fine wireless network. Heheh... Then I looked around and saw the usual bunch of CDs near the tv. So i turned on the speakers and mic and I SANG...

Lonely, I'm so lonely,
I had nobody,
To sing with me...Oooohhh...

I sang karaoke at home alone. JC came back late in the afternoon and joined me for a couple of songs. He then backed out after half an hour and went for his part time job. I continued on and I think I sang for 3 hours straight. I guess I was trying to enlighten myself after a hard week work. Hahahha...

Then I watched the finals of the Astro Classic Golden Melody Singing Competition 2007. Nowadays the veterans look so young and cool. With just a bit of touchup, they looked like their own sons and daughters.

Then later on i turned to WaTV and there was another singing competition - Supergirl - from China. I watched it also...till late. Eh, nothing to do ma!

It's like whenever you are trying to look for a nice programme to watch on TV nowadays, there is bound to have a singing competition in one of the channels. American idol, ATQ singing competition, Akademi Fantasia, Supergirl, Superstar blah blah blah... I guess the easiest way to reach fame now is to enter the singing competition.

Oh well, personally I tot of participating in one of these singing contests before. Hahah...but I never had the guts to go coz my singing is just ya know "oklah" only. On top of tat, most of the contests i noticed are based on looks and figures more than the singing capabilities. Poor YC... So my left brain won as I stick to the reality and be more practical.

Since American Idol started with the audition videos released out on TV, I would have never known tat so many ppl are just plain crazy about fame. Though it's really fun watching these ppl clowning around, croaking like frogs, acting smugly as they themselves think their singing was good...

It doesn't matter if they are young or veteran...

It doesn't matter if they are as thin as Stephanie Sun or as big as Lydia Shum...

It doesn't matter if they could dance like Rain or Leon Lai...

It doesn't matter if they look like Lee Hom or Eight Pounds Gold...

and it certainly doesn't matter if they could sing like Whitney Houston or William Hung...

They just wan to be on TV and taste the fame for just a minute.

Who knows? Try participating in one of the contests guys. Maybe the judges might just love you...


THEY REALLY JUST MIGHT...

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home