When the sun chimes...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mouth Ulcer

I have a big fat ulcer in my mouth since last week. It's damn painful and irritating especially when i eat, gargle or even talk. Worst is i cannot possibly stop eating, gargling or talking, can I? So i had a frustrating week...


I complained to my mum about the ulcer although i knew she would say, "Eat too much heaty stuff, issit?" She then cooked curry chicken the next day. I like curry chicken so i ate a lot. I kindly reminded her again i got ulcer. And the day after, she cooked Bakuteh. Such a kind mother i have...

I complained to honey bout the ulcer and like i expected his answer was (and will always be)..."Didn't drink enough water? The weather so hot now, ya know?" Then he shoved a water bottle filled with 2 litres of water into my hand. He then brought me to the newly opened chocolate shop and bought some chocolates. I CAN'T RESIST CHOCOLATES!

I complained to my colleagues bout the ulcer and she said, "Apply butter on it." I was like HUH? A big question mark on top of my head. "Where did you get tat idea? Butter can cure ulcer?" She asked me to trust her as she said butter can ease the pain. I was skeptical so i didn't do it. I can't imagine placing a piece of butter on the ulcer then sucking the oil when it melts. So OILY.

Then the idea got me thinking. Issit true all ulcers come from heaty foods and scorching weather? Issit true butter can help to cure ulcers?

I click on the Google bar and search for "mouth ulcers". I stumbled across a webpage - Mouth Ulcers Homepage - and i got a lot of interesting findings. The page contained public survey regarding mouth ulcers since Oct 2002. I decided to share with you guys.

The causes survey:


There are more than 300 possible causes of ulceration voted by the public so i wouldn't wan to post the whole list here. Damn long. Some really confusing causes are

Some really funny causes are. Maybe i'm really worrying bout money too much nowadays.

Let's go through the treatment survey:


Hey, i tot Listerine was in the causes list just now! So it can cause and also cure ulcer? Like the chinese saying: 以毒攻毒 (poison attacks poison). Most of the >300 treatments are vitamins, fruits, painkillers and ointments.

Maybe we can try some of these treatments below especially no. 21. I'm sure tat'll help a lot. Oh, butter is in the list. My colleague didn't trick me after all.


I even found some very disturbing methods of treatment:


Scrap wif knife? Drink urine? Pour very very very hot tea? These ppl must be crazy to even try these. I wouldn't want to torture myself, seriously. In fact, i have voted for the best method (i think) in the list:



I'm so pandai...

Labels:


3 Comments:

At August 17, 2007 at 12:32 AM , Blogger JoLLY said...

poor groovy..haha..feel funny bout ur mummy n MrV.. damn gd la..hehe.. get bonjela or "see kwok suang" la.. mayb can help le..

 
At August 17, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Blogger QMG_Maegen said...

yer.... geli... the ulcer... ur one or u download one... erm.. if its urs then mayb u shall drink more water to cure it lo... heeeeee~~~

 
At August 18, 2007 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Groovy said...

nola, my one quite inside. How to capture? Stuck the whole camera lens inside my mouth...hahahaha.... 10x focus...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home